Northcentral University educates professionals throughout the world and provides an accessible opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited degree. The University mentors students One-to-One with highly credentialed faculty via advanced delivery modalities and is committed to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
NCU is a premier online graduate university and a global leader in providing unprecedented access to U.S. regionally accredited higher education.
VALUES: I.D.E.A.s Founded on INTEGRITY
We hold all members of our community to the highest ethical standards of professional and academic conduct and the rules and regulations of U.S. higher education.
Innovation: We envision new and innovative education delivery systems, and support proven concepts of teaching and learning. We encourage our community to seek solutions to educational challenges that will improve the quality of our programs and services.
Diversity: NCU celebrates the diversity of thought, action, and cultural groups within our community and is committed to equity for all people. We act on our belief that the educational journey will be enhanced if it is diverse in nature by actively promoting respect and understanding for different cultures, social groups, and experiences.
Excellence: Our community is committed to excellence in academics and service. We value leadership and strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. We define and measure outcomes and take action to ensure that our community’s passion for excellence is never compromised.
Accountability: We are deeply committed to holding each member of the University responsible for their scholarly and professional work. We expect financial responsibility in the actions of our students and University team.
Distance Learning at NCU
In the distance-learning environment, students and faculty interact one-to-one. The University uses a personalized teaching model wherein students and faculty interact asynchronously during a course to achieve learning outcomes. Faculty members function as instructors, facilitators, guides, consultants, and evaluators. A complete list of salaried faculty and their qualifications can be found in the Academic Administration & Faculty section.
All degree programs include a set of fundamental courses and a set of related specialization courses allowing the student to select coursework closely associated with his or her educational and career goals. Students complete a degree plan, guided by faculty and supported by traditional texts, technology, and electronic resources and databases. Where appropriate, students must satisfy general education and/or content area requirements. Elective courses are divided into specializations at the undergraduate level and specializations at the graduate level. Students choose from a carefully selected array of courses that support program objectives.
NCU utilizes its own proprietary Learning Management System (LMS), NCUOne, to provide an enriched online experience for students. NCUOne is tailored to NCU’s unique one-to-one teaching model and graduate program focus.
As an online university, NCU does not have a physical campus or equipment other than its state-of-the-art computing and networking resources to meet the needs of students working at a distance. Prospective students are informed of the computer capacity requirements for successful access to all NCU systems and learning resources. NCU has an service center office in Arizona with the headquarters located in California. Northcentral University does not provide dormitory facilities and is not responsible for assisting students in finding housing in their respective locations. For reference, the median rental housing cost in California is $2,509 per month.
NCU Building Locations
- Arizona: 8667 E. Hartford Drive Suite #100; Scottsdale, AZ 85255(Service Center)
- California:2488 Historic Decatur Road, Suite 100; San Diego, CA 92106 (Administrative/Legal Headquarters)
Board of Trustees Members
- Ms. Stacy Allison, Professional Speaker, Author
- Mr. Richard Chisholm, Treasurer, Managing Director, Higher Education & Nonprofit Group, Wells Fargo Securities
- Mr. Tom Clevinger, Sr. Vice President/General Manager - Global Navistar Inc.
- Ms. Jeanne Connelly, Secretary President, Connelly Consulting
- Dr. Michael R. Cunningham (Ex Officio), Chancellor, National University System
- Mr. Gerald Czarnecki, Chairman & CEO, Deltennium Group, Inc.
- Ms. Kim Folsom, Serial High Tech, Venture-Backed Entrepreneur
- Mr. Robert Freelen, Vice President of Public Affairs, Emeritus Stanford University
- Mr. Harold Greenberg, Executive, Retired, Chair, The Royce Companies
- Ms. Ruthann Heinrich, Executive, Retired
- Ms. Rebecca Henderson, CEO, Randstad Sourceright
- Mr. W. H. Knight, Jr. (Joe), Distinguished Academic in Residence, Seattle University School of Law
- Dr. Donald Kripke, Vice Chairman, Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego
- Ms. Jean Leonard, Educational Consultant, Retired, JM Leonard & Associates
- Dr. Erlinda J. Martinez, Higher Education President, Retired
- Mr. Michael R. McGill, P.E. President, MMS Design Associates
- Mr. Tom Page, retired, Chairman of the Board of San Diego Gas and Electric Company
- Ms. Joanne M. Pastula, Executive, Retired
- Mr. Dan Pittard, Chairman and CEO, Pittard Partners LLC
- Mr. Hiep Quach, Executive, Retired
- Dr. E. Lee Rice, CEO and Medical Director, Lifewellness Institute
- Mr. Carlos Rodriguez, Rodriguez & Company
- Mr. Jay Stone, Vice President, Van Scoyoc Associates, Inc.
- Mr. Thomas Topuzes, President and CEO, Thomas Topuzes & Associates, LLC
History and Accreditation of Northcentral University
Founded in 1996, NCU is a regionally accredited, private, online, and graduate-focused university, serving professionals globally. The University offers bachelor’s degrees in business, education, and psychology as well as master’s and doctoral programs, in business, technology, education, psychology, marriage and family therapy, and health sciences. Courses are taught one-to-one by a member of NCU’s 100 percent doctoral faculty, and there are no physical residency requirements. NCU is regionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510-748-9001, www.wascsenior.org.
ACCREDITATION & ACADEMIC ALIGNMENT
- NCU is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission
- NCU Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), and Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (PhD-BA) programs in the School of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- NCU offers the first primarily distance-based Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT) program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE)
- NCU offers the first primarily distance-based Doctor of Philosophy in Marriage and Family Therapy (PhDMFT) program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE)
- The PhDMFT and MAMFT programs are accredited by the International Family Therapy Association (IFTA) accrediting body, International Accreditation Commission for Systemic Therapy Education (IACSTE)
- NCU is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI ®) (PMI is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.)
- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) has recognized Northcentral’s Human Resources Management specialization for the MBA program as fully aligned with SHRM standards.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Northcentral University Holiday Closures
NCU offices are closed on the following holidays and students are notified through the NCU’s messaging system of such closures:
||Upcoming Closure Dates
||Monday, May 27, 2019
||Thursday, July 4, 2019
||Monday, September 2, 2019
||Thursday & Friday, November 28 & 29, 2019
|Winter Holiday / Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
||Tuesday & Wednesday, December 24 & 25, 2019
The current graduation calendar and general information about the NCU graduation process and ceremony schedule can be found at http://www.ncu.edu/graduation.