Mission, Vision, and Values
Developing leaders who are culturally competent and experts in interprofessional health care practices.
To be recognized as the premier online graduate school in the health professions.
- Communication: SHS will be defined by the clear, intentional, and effective articulation of health sciences pedagogy as well as deliberate, timely, and respectful assessment.
- Diversity and Inclusion: SHS will embrace diversity of culture, thought, and action and believe that the inclusion of diverse people and perspectives enhance all aspects of health sciences education.
- Interprofessionalism: SHS will employ educational standards that allow professors and students from various health sciences disciplines to collaborate with one another to produce improved health outcomes.
- Innovation: SHS will make use of new education delivery systems and state-of-the-art technology to ensure the best environment for health sciences teaching and learning.
- Efficacy: SHS will equip students with the ability to produce outstanding health care outcomes.
Department of Nursing (SHSDN)
Northcentral’s nursing programs, which emphasize management, leadership, quality and safety, and analytics, are housed within the Department of Nursing (SHSDN). Students in the Master’s degree program (MSN) complete a minimum of 140 precepted practice experience hours in their specialization area of interest, which includes a MSN Capstone project. Students in the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program complete a minimum of 570 precepted practice experience hours (of the 1000 hours required post-baccalaureate for degree completion), which includes the final DNP Project.
ProgramsMaster of Health AdministrationMaster of Science in NursingDoctor of Health AdministrationDoctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership