Jul 02, 2022
NCU Catalog - May 2016 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Honor Society Criteria & Associations
All Schools: Golden Key International Honor Society
- Membership is by invitation only to all Northcentral University students who meet the prescribed criteria below. Invitations are sent on a bi-annual basis typically in the Spring or Fall of each year.
- Eligibility is determined by Grade Point Average (GPA) and number of credits completed.
- Minimum GPA of 3.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Must have completed at least 30 credits towards degree program
Additional information is available at www.goldenkey.org
School of Education: Kappa Delta Pi
- Chapter membership is based on a 3.8 grade point average in at least five courses.
- An installation ceremony is held once a year at graduation.
School of Business Honor Societies
Delta Mu Delta, “Through Knowledge, Power”
- Delta Mu Delta is an honor society only open to ACBSP accredited schools.
- Invitation to the student is offered by the School of Business.
- Eligibility for Active students on or after April 9, 2007.
- Undergraduate degree students have to be in the top 20% of the junior class.
- Master’s degree students have to be in the top 20% of the class at the completion of 75% of the program.
- Doctoral students in the PhD or DBA programs have to be in the top 20% of the class after the completion of the comprehensive exam course.
- Membership Benefits include lifetime recognition of outstanding academic achievement, resume enhancement, scholarship program, lifetime contact through national newsletter, and other benefits.
To find out more about Delta Mu Delta go to http://www.deltamudelta-lambdaeta.org
Alpha Phi Sigma
- Alpha Phi Sigma is the only National Criminal Justice Honor Society for students in the fields of criminal justice, homeland security and criminal justice related fields.
- The Society recognizes academic excellence of undergraduate and graduate students of criminal justice/homeland security specializations.
- Alpha Phi Sigma is well represented in the professional ranks of all areas in the criminal justice field.
- Undergraduate students shall be enrolled in Northcentral University or a graduate of Northcentral University with a specialization in criminal justice or homeland security fields, have completed at least 50% of their program, have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 in courses in criminal justice and/or homeland security, and who are in the top 20% of their class. A minimum of four courses of the above course work shall be in the criminal justice or homeland security specialization.
- Graduate students shall be enrolled in a graduate program in Master’s, or Doctorate in the criminal justice specialization or homeland security specialization, have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale and a 3.5 grade point average in criminal justice and homeland security courses.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students must have declared a specialization in either Homeland Security or a Criminal Justice specialization, or related field.
Department of Marriage and Family Sciences: Delta Kappa International
- Delta Kappa International is an honor society only open to COAMFTE accredited schools.
- Invitation to the student is offered by the Department of Marriage and Family Sciences.
- An installation ceremony is held twice e a year – one at graduation and a virtual ceremony.
- Eligibility for active students on or after October 1, 2013.
- Master’s degree students have to achieve and maintain a 3.75 cumulative GPA.
- Membership benefits include a lifetime recognition of outstanding academic achievement, resume enhancement, scholarship program, lifetime contact through national newsletter, and other benefits.